Thursday, September 15, 2011

How do abused kids react?

How do abused kids really react?

There are many things that can be said to be "normal" when it comes to sexual abuse. Many girls feel so bad, they start doing drugs. Some of them start prostitution, some may just hate men in general, some just want to die due to the trauma, some get anorectic etc etc.

Every reaction is normal, because we have the feeling of no worth, and because we feel we are not worthy of anything, we can do very bad things. Some of us are cutters, some of us are medicin-abusers. We are all different, but we also are all very much alike.

I was one of those who used alcohol for a "help" when I needed to get away from my thoughts.And that was when I was 11-16. I also used to OD, because that was a cry for help.I was also a cutter....

It is NOT easy for a man to see his love go through so many bad days, and so many bad things.

When it comes to DID/MPD I know this can happen to abused children. You see, we need to get a distance to what is happening to our body. The pain is so hard, so bad, we need to be someone else. And sometimes that will be more than we can understand ourselves.

The trust the abused kid felt toward her abuser was ruined.She may be angry, and say things she do not mean. That too is a normal reaction to abused children. (Yes, I say children, because she never got to be a child, she had to grow up too quick, and that is why she will always be a child in many ways)

Let me tell you what I thought, I was never a child. I was abused even before I can remember. And my way of getting away was to drink alcohol and stay away from home. And when I finally startet to talk about it, everything came back so hard, I didn`t know how to go on. And the little girl inside of me wanted to BE a little girl.

You see, abuse will effect all your life. And it takes very long to get through it, and to really know this isn`t your fault. That is VERY important to let her know, because she is ashamed because she "let it happen". She has NOTHING to be ashamed of. HE is the one that should be ashamed. And I truly hope she will understand that.

Also have to see the abused boys here. Because they do exist! Just because they are boys, dont mean they cant be abused.I know about boys who have been abused by men. THEIR pain is just as big as ours. The anger, the distrust, the hate, the feeling of being used, etc. So many feelings, and it is hard to let those feelings go.

To be someone living with abused kids, or abused grownups, can be very hard. Not because of the abuse, but because of the hatred the abused kids have towards their own body, and towards themselves. They don`t feel like they can ever be loved. That is why you, as the one who love her, have to understand that what she say, isn`t always what she think. Don`t let her go because of that. Tell her what you mean, and what you think.
I hope this was a little help to you all out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment